The 57th World Conference of the International Society for the Systems Sciences
Curating the Conditions for a Thrivable Planet: Systemic Leverage Points for Emerging a Global Eco-Civilization
will be held in Hai Phong City, Viet Nam, July 14-19, 2013
The organisers warmly invite you to join themin a unique experience that will contribute significantly to making systems thinking more mainstream around the world.The 57th Annual ISSS World Conference will provide you with an opportunity to showcase advances in systemic sustainability initiatives from around the world with hands-on experience in the UNESCO Cat Ba Biosphere Reserve and at Hai Phong City, the first city in the world to be managed using an integral systems approach. Sponsored by:
For more details go to http://isss.org/world/node/577
Call for Papers and Key Dates
These are the deadlines for the ISSS 2013 Meeting.
- September 15, 2012: Abstracts and papers will be accepted.
- Please refer to instructions for Preparing and Submitting Abstracts and Papers consistent with the ISSS proceedings style.
- You submit your abstract and full papers to ISSS Journals.
- If you submitted a paper in previous years, the login will be the same. If you did not, then you will need to register before submitting to the site. Note: journals.isss.org is independent of the userid and password on the ISSS World web site.
- Reviewers are your peers within the ISSS, and reviewing may take up to two weeks to accept or make comments on your abstract.
- Offline paper registrations (by post and fax) will still be accepted by
- January 1, 2013: On-line registration begins.
- More information for booking accommodations will be added to this web site, as procedures are formalized.
- March 1, 2013: The deadline for workshop proposals.
- May 10, 2013: The end of early, discounted registration.
- June 15, 2013: The final deadline for abstracts.
- Only ONE abstract per registered participant will be accepted for the conference.
- Late abstracts may be accepted on a space available basis, but we may not be able to include these in the printed programme.
- June 15, 2013: The deadline for poster abstract submission.
- Posters are exempt from the one abstract/paper submission rule.
- Poster abstracts are submitted in the same way as paper abstracts, and after abstract acceptance, should be prepared and brought in person to the Conference where space will have been assigned for you to display and discuss your work.
- Late posters may be accepted on a space available basis, but we may not be able to include these in the printed programme.
- June 15, 2013: The deadline for full papers.
- Only ONE submission per registered participant will be accepted for the conference. If late papers are developed, they can be published on the next year's on-line Journals proceedings.
- July 14, 2013: Pre-conference workshops are scheduled beginning the Sunday morning.
- The welcome reception for an ISSS meeting traditionally starts on the Sunday at 6 p.m. Plenary sessions begin on the Monday morning.
- Attendees interested in participating in pre-conference workshops should plan to check into their accommodations on the preceding day of the conference (Saturday).
Program Committee - In development
- Alexander Laszlo
- Nam Nguyen
- Ockie Bosch
- Stefan Blachfellner
- Mary Edson
- George Pór
- Violetta Bulc
- Jennifer Wilby
ISSS Conference Management Committee
- Jennifer Wilby, VP Administration
- Nam Nguyen, VP Conferences and Membership
- Alexander Laszlo, President
- VP Funds
- Pamela Buckle, Secretary and VP Protocol
- Stefan Blachfellner, Director of Marketing
Viet Nam National Organizing Committee (NOC)
- Professor Dan Duc Hiep, Chairman, First Vice Chairman of the People’s Committee, Hai Phong City
- Mr. Le Thanh Son, Vice Chairman, Director of the Department of Planning and Investment, Hai Phong City
NOC Committee Members
- Head of local departments: Agriculture and Rural Development, Science and Technologies, Natural Resources and Environment, Department of Foreign Affairs, Finance, Cultural, Tourism and Sports, Office of the People's Committee of Hai Phong City, Office of the People's Committee of Cat Hai District.
- Standing (contacting) Department: Department of Planning and Investment
- Invited: Chief of Office of the Communist Party of Hai Phong City to join the NOCas a member
The Assistant Secretariat for the National Organising Committee
- Secretary-General: Mr. Duong Ngoc Tuan, Vice Director, Department of P&I
- Mr. Do Quang Khoa, Deputy Chief of the Office of the Communist Party of Hai Phong City;
- Mr. Le Van Quy, Vice Director of the Department of External Affairs;
- Mr. Nguyen Hai Binh, PA of the Secretary of the Communist Party of Hai Phong City;
- Mr. Do Quang Hung, Director of General Department, Office of the People's Committee Hai Phong City; Vice – Directorof the Office for Sustainable Development, Hai Phong City;
- Mr. Tran Van Phuong, Environmental management specialist, Economic Department, Division 2, Office of the People's Committee Hai Phong City;
- Ms. Hoang Thi Lien, Vice Manager of External Economic Division, Department of Planning and Investment;
- Ms. Bui Thi Phuong, Specialist, Department of Agriculture and Rural Development;